Saturday, March 28, 2009

This night is winding down, but time means nothing.

Here are the pictures from my alumni pinning and 100 Days. I had an excellent time, and I got to hang out with Billy Dieffenbacher, who I haven't hung out with all year, which was really nice. And the food was great! I'm also a big fan of our male candelight speaker, Paul Riley '09, who is hilarious and I love him. We're not overly close, but we have similiar tastes in music, so we talk Bruce sometimes. I voted for him, because I knew his speech would be entertaining and worth listening to, and I'm looking forward to it.


This is me and my friend Brandon. We joke around that I'm Hitler and he's Stalin. I probably wouldn't survive Senior Sem without him.

This is my friend Jenny. She is also a History major. We really weren't friends until this year, which makes me sad.

This is me and some random girl I found. I don't like her very much. I can't wait until we don't live together anymore.

These are most of the senior history majors. We couldn't find Tor, and Mark Olving wouldn't come over because he's stupid. So there's a few of us missing, but you can get a sense of how big our program. That is Dr. Shephard. He's the best history professor ever.

This is Billy! I love him.

This is Keith. I wish he'd shave his beard.

Kayleigh and Keith: A summary of their relationship.

We finally signed the bathroom at the Branch!

Me, Kayleigh, Shallon.
And, the last picture of the night before my camera battery died.
Like I said, it was a good night, and the speech our class president gave at the alumni pinning was amazing. He summarized everything I've ever felt about our class: "our strength has never been in numbers, but instead in our spirit and willingness to contribute to the school." Over 50% of our class transferred out, but I've always felt that the people who stayed, for the most part, are a solid group of people with great spirit, and our class has really pulled together to overcome some things, like WINNING MOUNTAIN SINGING THIS YEAR! I hope we do the same for the robe debacle. I'm not a fan, but I don't want it to ruin our commencement, either.
So don't wait for someone to tell you it's too late
Cuz these are the best days
There's always something tomorrow
So I say let's make the best of tonight
Here comes the rest of our lives.

No comments: