Thursday, March 26, 2009

R.I.P.

Tonight, we mourn the loss of a good friend of mine.

At about 8:00pm, I was zipping up my black fleece jacket, and the zipper got stuck, so then I tugged at it, and it came right off. In my hand. This jacket has been there for me since the fall of 2006. I thought it would be there for much longer. I loved it. It was warm, soft, and comfy. It could even get me through frigid Elmira winters. This jacket has accompanied me to a number of concerts and Broadway shows, bars, restuarants, walks through the City, movies, classes, exams, naps, car rides, and other various outside and inside activities. It was even touched by some of my favorite Broadway actors. Repeatedly! I will miss it very much. I need a new one, but I'm not sure I'm over this loss yet. It may be too soon.

I will miss you, darling Jacket. You even kept me warm while I was sitting on this dirty midtown Manhattan subway grate during student rush. If it wasn't for you, I would have frozen in that awful April weather (ps I miss my bangs. I'm getting them cut again.).

Honestly, the sleeves were beginning to rip, the elbows were worn, it was all stretched out...I probably needed a new one anyway. But honestly, I've worn that jacket so much. I definitely got my $35 worth, and I'm thankful for that. I did love it. As I said, it was warm, comfy, and soft. I did actually get a little upset when someone said "your zipper is broken." It was awful, actually.

It's Thursday. This means that I have my 100 Days celebration and alumni pinning tomorrow. That is not okay, minus the free champagne.

2 comments:

Keena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keena said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!! Will we still recognize you without Ol' Faithful???!!!!