I got this email today from Brooklyn-
Dear Heather,
Our records indicate that you have submitted an application for the 362 Political Science, M.A. for Fall 2009. Your application is ready for review and will be sent to the admissions committee of your program.
...Let the waiting and frantic website checking begin.
On the plus side, I feel like rental prices have dropped significantly in like, the last week. I'm actually finding decent things well below the limit I've set for myself (below $800), even in Manhattan neighborhoods that I love. Ideally, I would like to live in Manhattan, but if I go to Brooklyn, I want to live in Brooklyn to cut down on commuting times, and if I go to the Graduate Center in midtown, I want to live in Manhattan, to cut down on commuting times. On the other plus side, since I can access Brooklyn's enrollment website, I can look at class schedules, and all of their classes are after 5:30, so I can work during the day. A lot. I mean, I obviously can't do an 8-5 thing and then go right to school, because I'll have so much work to do. It needs to be part-time, but I should be able to make a decent amount of money. It's not like I'll be in school all day. And the annoying thing-I did my FAFSA, and since I'll be financially independent, my expected contribution is $0, but of course, MA programs don't give aid. But that should help with the TAP and federal grants and loans.
The Youth is Watching: Go Vote!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment