Saturday, March 7, 2009

No. And Yes.

I absolutely refuse to get sick right now. My nose is running, and my throat feels a little sore. But I'm not getting sick! First of all, I don't have time for that. Second of all, it's the weekend! And the weather is beautiful! And I haven't really hung out with my friends since BEFORE February break! I will enjoy this weekend, dammit.




But on to the good things. During my 50 some-odd hours with Anna Lauren Cramer last weekend, I noticed she had these oil absorbing sheet things. I'm pretty happy with my skin, but I do have one problem with it-my skin gets really dry, but my nose gets really oily. I've never really known how to solve this. So we got to talking about oil absorbing sheets, and she recommended them, so tonight, I had to go get laundry detergent, so I figured while I was at Target, I might as well get some oil absorbing sheets. They were only $3 for fifty of them. Ladies and gentlemen, I am giving them my full endorsement. They work wonders. I obviously immediately tried them in the parking lot, and I saw a sudden difference. Consider me in love.

I love you, Clean and Clear. So much.


But that's not the best part of my experience with these sheets. Apparently, Clean and Clear is doing a promo where you get free earbuds when you buy these. Let's just say these ear buds are amazing. First of all, they're bright purple, which is awesome. Second of all, they work well and they're comfortable. Look at how cool they are!


Look how amazing they are! Seriously though, Clean and Clear made my day today. And yes, I'm getting excited over new headphones. But we all know I listen to my iPod/iTunes so much that they should probably be surgically attached anyway. And they literally cost $3, WITH the oil sheets.


Furthermore, I'm about to go to bed (Kayleigh's already asleep, if you can't tell from the background), so I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Every night, I clip my bangs up so they don't get in the way. Tonight, however, I managed to get the most epic bang poof I have ever accomplished.

Purely accidental, but I'm extremely proud of it. I've been trying to get my hair to do this for months, and I finally pulled it off! Between that and getting my internship figured out, I would say today has been successful! Speaking of my hair, I'm strongly considering letting it go curly, which probably horrifies Keena. It's been trying for years, and I'm almost sick of the battle. My straightener makes it smell weird, dries it out, and takes another twenty minutes every morning. If I could just wash, scrunch, and go, life would be easier, and I could sleep more. I'm considering experimenting tomorrow. We'll see. I mean, it's not really a major life decision, at least until my next hair cut. Ideally, this is what I would like my hair to do...

This is the fabulous Heather Robb of the Spring Standards, one of my favorite bands (check them out!). She's pretty much my style icon. I mean, I don't want to look like her, necessarily. I'm actually okay with how I look, minus my weight (and right now, my hair). She's just very cool and has amazing clothes and hair. My hair's natural wave gives me the ability to do this, I'm just concerned about styling it, which has never been my forte, even when the hairdresser gives me tips. We'll see. I'm going to think about this some more before April.

If my nose doesn't stop running, it is getting cut off. I'm going to take some cold medicine and pass out. Hopefully my nose, throat, and hair are better tomorrow.

No comments: