Saturday, March 7, 2009

One Year Ago Today

Bruce and Clarence in Buffalo.


I risked my life to drive to Buffalo to see Bruce Springsteen in a blizzard. It was so worth it. I had always thought that I would never get to see Bruce Springsteen live, and we all know how much I love him, so that depressed me. But I managed to score tickets for the show in Buffalo, and I was not disappointed, at all. I was so thankful to be there, even though I was literally as far from the stage as you can get. What I'm even more thankful for is that I saw him again over the summer, and I'll be seeing him in May in Hershey (from the section closest to the stage, no less). I've thought about that concert every day since then, especially about how happy I was to hear Thunder Road (and how it made me cry), so I wanted to celebrate my Bruce-aversary! Actually, the next 6 weeks have a couple of anniversaries, so get ready for me to be all sentimental.

No comments: