Jamie came to visit this weekend. On Friday we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and then wandered around downtown for awhile.

On Saturday we rushed Next to Normal for the matinee, went out for sushi after, and then went home and watched a movie. I think I was asleep by like 9. The Flea Market was on Sunday, and it unfortunately got moved from Shubert Alley to the Roseland Ballroom on 52nd because of the weather, which made for crappy traffic patterns inside. But it was amazing. I got to talk to Greg Jbara and Will Chase from Billy Elliot for awhile, which was super cool because I've never met them before. We commiserated about Kiril leaving. Alice Ripley from Next to Normal recognized me, and she and I also talked for awhile. I alos met a couple of people from American Idol, as well as Christopher Sieber, who was on "Two of a Kind." But most importantly...

I met John Stamos! He was super sweet, which was a good thing, because I kind of feel like I'd be trauamtized if Uncle Jesse turned out to be a douchebag. I was walking away and he grabbed my arm and was like "hey, thank you so much for doing this. It was great to meet you." Love him. He's my new hero. And...

I bought Kiril's dirty socks/ballet shoes that he wore onstage in Billy Elliot. The show means a lot to me, and Kiril is my favorite (and my first!) Billy, so I'm glad I have one of his costume pieces.

They also fit me.

And speaking of Kiril, here we are after David's last show. Apparently, it's impossible for me to get a good picture with him. He wasn't on that day, but he came out of the stage door and most people there recognized him so he signed and posed for pictures anyway. That was the highlight of my day, and I will miss him so much when he leaves.

Trent was on for Billy, and it was the best performance I have seen from him. I figured he was going to be on. I've always gotten the impression that he and David Bologna are very very close, and I figured David would want Trent to be Billy that day. And I could tell that Trent was struggling with David leaving. His last line, which is usually "see ya, Michael" was changed to "see ya, David," and he could hardly get it out. I felt bad. It made me cry.

And there's the little firecracker himself. I'll miss his Michael so much. He's the best one, and I have a hard time watching other people in that role. He was obviously on fire during his last performance, and I had tears in my eyes during "Expressing Yourself." Every single cast member was crying at the stage door, and that was tough to watch. I'm worried about how I'm going to get through Kiril's last performance, especially from the fourth row.
No comments:
Post a Comment