Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yeah, it's official.

I'm the Anti-Midas. Everything I touch turns to crap.

Literally, five minutes after I updated earlier, I'm typing away on my study guide for History of England, and my computer freezes, so I restart it, and as it turns on, it makes the dreaded beeping noise, then goes "system error: no devices found." Awesome. If that doesn't spell hard drive crash, I don't know what does.

So I go to take my midterm. I come back, turn it on, same message. So I call Dell. Yeah. My hard drive crashed. Awesome. But they're sending me a new one within three to five business days, so that's good.

But we have some things to be thankful for.
1. My personal statement and updated resume are thankfully in my email.
2. 95% of my music is on my iPod. Not a huge deal with stuff I have on CD, but I have actually gotten a decent amount of stuff online recently, so that's good. The only annoyance: the Laura Marling CD and Bruce Springsteen EP that I bought on iTunes about three hours before this happened and hadn't gotten on my iPod yet. That's $14 of music. Oh well.
3. WARRANTIES. Not being charged for anything, so this also good.

Although, there are also some annoyances.
1. I have to reinstall everything...AIM, iTunes, my anti-virus stuff.
2. Now I won't have my computer for a great deal of break, and I was kind of relying on having it due to the need to research all of my papers.
3. The lost Bruce and Laura Marling. Maybe there is some way I can sign into iTunes from Kayleigh's computer and burn them onto CDs or something.
4. My bookmarks online. Many of them pertained to my research projects. Oh well.

Such is my week.

No comments: