Thursday, February 26, 2009

O RLY???

"Hey guys, I have an idea to fix the recession!!! Let's allocate $50 million to fund abortions. Internationally!"

That'll do it.

I mean, I'm pro-choice and everything, but REALLY? Why are we funding abortions in other countries? That literally makes me sick. How about allocating that money to something we would actually benefit from, like student loan debt forgiveness. Or, how about not spending like a bunch of amateurs?

2 comments:

lindascouser said...

Ok, here's why: Because the overpopulation of the world is putting pressure on all the resources of the world and on the boarders of the world's governments as people look to move to where there are some resources remaining. The poverty and misery of having too many children and no food to feed their brains is a bad thing...if they even live. You sure you want to be a Reaperpublican? Well, I used to be, too. I bet the next 8 years will change your mind and your ballot. Love You, Aunt L

Heather said...

Overpopulation is a major problem right now, but so is our debt, and I will be the first to admit that Bush's spending while in office was out of control, but the fact remains that we are trillions of dollars in debt right now, and this is affecting every American on a daily basis. Our economy could benefit immensely from that money, and much more directly than it will through allocating it to foreign countries. I'm not blind to what is going on in the world and the massive poverty that so many other countries are dealing with, but I'm also not blind to what is happening here, in our own country, and that needs to be the priority. The fact is that we just don't have the money for programs like that right now.

And yes, I'm sure.