GA ticket: lots of money.
Bus fare: Not a lot of money.
Waiting in line all day: costly and exhausting.
Spot at the back of the pit, against the rail: If I could pay to be tall, I would.
Being essentially bent over the rail with your hand in the air and four grown men squishing you and having your head in someone's armpit while Bruce Springsteen runs about seven inches away from you while singing Hungry Heart, and seeing everyone else along the rail in the same position: priceless.
Also, quote of the night from the men who thought I was 19 until I corrected them: "what, do you have a fake ID from Idaho or New Hampshire or something?" I wasn't even drinking. They were talking about how they got carded (they were in their 50s) and how amazing it was, and then they were like "oh, I bet she gets carded all of the time." And I said yes, and they said "are you even old enough to drink?" So I said "yeah, I'm 22." Which led to "you don't look it at all. I would have guessed 18 or 19. What, do you have a fake ID from Idaho or NH or something?" Funny you should say that...
Other quote of the night, from the same men: "wow, a 22 year old who is a Republican AND likes Bruce Springsteen? You're like a breath of fresh air for us! It's nice to see that."
Always love the friends I make at these shows. One in particular...sigh.
The Youth is Watching: Go Vote!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment