I made beef stew for dinner the other night in my new crock pot. It was fantastic! I have a feeling that thing will be a lifesaver this year. I leave for class at 5:30, so I don't really have time to cook dinner, unless I want to eat early, which I don't. But I made the beef stew at 12, and it was ready for me when I got home at 8. Perfection. I'm trying to find a chicken curry recipe, but I don't think that'll work out. Some of them have all sorts of funky ingredients (I mean, mango chutney? What the hell?). But at least my intentions were good. I guess I'm just craving curry today.
Last night I went out to Brooklyn Bowl in Williamsburg to see Jesse Malin and The Gaslight Anthem. Two of my favorites. But as someone on Bruce Springsteen's message board who was also there last night said, "you know you've been to too many Bruce shows when you're surprised that a mosh pit breaks out." Moshing isn't really my style, and it was unavoidable from my stellar elbows-on-the-stage spot, so I got pushed around a little bit, but I pushed back and stood my ground. And the show was great. They're amazing.
Took this picture of my future husband Brian Fallon. I'm in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment