Saturday, October 3, 2009

Darkness on the Edge of Meadowlands

Got to the "swamps of Jersey" at about 1:05, got number 563 for the lottery, and chilled with this guy named Neill, who is from London but lives in Chile. He was super cool. They pulled number 360 for the lottery, which wasn't too bad. I ended up behind the second catwalk two people back, standing near three people I stood near at Hershey, ironically. I remember two of them, this couple, because they didn't seem into the show, and they weren't into it at Hershey either (well, that and they looked really familiar). Then this little boy was near me, and he was saying that he sang Waiting On A Sunny Day at Hershey, and I totally remembered that. He was a cutie. He's 12, and he's been to 9 Bruce shows. I was like "well, you've got me beat."

Bruce was fantastic as usual. Darkness on the Edge of Town in full was the most brilliant thing I've heard in my entire life. To quote someone on Backstreets who was complaining that the rest of the set was average, "this WAS NOT an average show. He played the entire Darkness Album. Umm HISTORIC. Give me a fucking break. Cry me a River and drown in it." It was a fantastic show, a good crowd, and a wonderful setlist.

He totally didn't play my sign. Loser. I'm optimistic about Friday though. Plus he played Thunder Road and I wasn't expecting that, so that kind of made up for it.

That's me with the orange.

I can't wait until Friday. I'm sad that it's Kiril's last night though.

No comments: