Thursday, April 2, 2009

I lost the ebb when I found the flow with you...

I can't stop thinking about this weekend. It was amazing. And funny. And kind of awkward.

Sometimes, when I'm sitting in the library doing work, as I am currently, I look around, and the only thing that comes to my mind is "Wow. Tools. Everywhere." Like, I'm literally surrounded by douchebags. I don't know if I just think this because I generally think people my age act idiotic, or that there's just a lot of people at Elmira who don't know proper library conduct, particularly during the week before finals, when people are legitimately working in the library. Furthermore, why do people come to the library dressed like they're going to a bar or a party? It's, well, toolish. Let me bounce around with my purse and talk to my friends like we're in the privacy of our dorm rooms. Thank god for headphones.

I got the draft of my Senior Seminar baby back today. Thankfully, the damage wasn't too bad. Shep is an overly critical grammar/clarity freak, which I actually appreciate because it's really improved my writing, so it's bleeding red, but not as bad as some of my friends. He said it was very well-written, and he just wants me to clarify a couple of points and fix my endnotes (that would be a fail, haha, but no one did them right), so I'm feeling pretty good about that class right now.

Had my Pilates final today. That was a bitch. Not really. I like Pilates, but that class has severely hindered my nap time, making me not want to go. And honestly, I prefer yoga.

So anyway, between me and freedom from academia, I have to finish editing my Sem paper. I have an exam for History of England next Thursday. I have two briefs to prepare for Law and the Courts. I have a 6 page paper for Individualism and Community in American Life. I have to rework my Research Methods paper (he thinks I need to measure economic growth by something other than GDP growth, and do a chi-square rather than a regression line. It really shouldn't be that bad though). That kind of sounds like a lot, but based on all of the shit I've been doing in the last few weeks, it's nothing.

Finally, tonight we have elections for new College Republicans officers. Honestly, I'd be sad, since I've been in that club all four years and in part it's kind of defined my niche here, but I frankly hated that club this year. I'm glad to be done.

No comments: