Saturday, September 6, 2008

Goodbye, Love

So RENT is closing today. Really, I have no words, and I really need to write about this, but honestly, I have no clue what to say. First of all, I don't really think that it's sunk in yet. They announced the closing so long ago (January) that it still seems like almost a hypothetical, and that RENT still has half a year or so left, and obviously I can get back to New York to see it one more time. Obviously, that's not true. I said my goodbyes, I saw the show one more time after they announced the closing, I walked by the Neder last time I was in the city to see the theater with Rent stuff on it one more time, and I've thought about this every day since they announced it.


So, the shorthand of a three-year relationship...I was miserable in the Aaron aftermath, I saw the movie and really watched it, and it taught me how to live again. Not to mention it really opened my mind. RENT, more than any other piece of pop culture (except MAYBE Springsteen) has shaped my life more than anything else. And even though I've cheated on RENT a lot, it will always be my favorite (sorry, SA). I love RENT. I'm looking forward to seeing the tour, and I'm really looking forward to an eventual revival.









So here's a look back...






f









It's time now to sing out, though the story never ends/Let's celebrate, remember a year in the life of friends/Remember the love


No other road/No other way/ No day but today

1 comment:

Keena said...

Sorry Heathy Heath. At least this love was a hell of a lot better than the previous one mentioned in this post. RIP Rent, I'm glad you brought my sister so much joy.