Thursday, July 31, 2008

My People-Bruce, Blake, Nick, Norah.

I'm going on Saturday! Can't wait. It's going to be sick. I always told myself that if I got to see Springsteen once, I'd be happy. But then I saw him, and I knew I had to see him again. He's like a drug. A good one, though, without any harmful side effects. Except maybe lack of concentration.

Also, I need this shirt...


In case you can't see, it says "my machine she's a dud, I'm stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of Jersey" from Rosalita. I've always thought of being broken down and stranded in Weehawken/Hoboken/Jersey City when I hear this line. I can't believe they actually made it into a shirt. I think everyone at school will find it amusing. When I have money, this is one of the first things I'm getting. I'm also going to get this one...




I'll probably order that one at some point. I'd get it on Saturday, but right now I think I need to save money for New York. Alcohol is expensive ;-)They'll keep it on the website forever. I bought the Foxboro shirt from the 2003 tour in 2006, so I probably have some time. And this one is so much better than the other Gillette one I have. I mean, a roller coaster? What the eff does that have to do with Bruce or E Street or the Rising. I mean, the Magic cover art that's on my Buffalo shirt makes sense. The Three of Swords represents betrayal, and the whole album is about the perceived "betrayal" of the Bush Administration. I put that in quotes because I don't really agree with a lot of what Bruce is saying in the album, but my god, the music is wonderful. And I agree with some of it. I mean, we probably all know that I'm not a neo-con, and am mostly against the PATRIOT Act, because the libertarian in me believes in civil rights, so I hear lines like "my ship liberty sailed away on a bloody red horizon" in "Livin' In The Future", and agree, but then I hear a song like "Magic", and while it's a great song, I don't believe a word of what he says in it. Alright, end of rant. Three more Springsteen shirts and I'll have one for every day of the school week.


So anyway, I'll be sure to be here with youtube links, pictures, and the setlist from Saturday. Shallon is officially my hero.


Oh, also, in traditional fashion...


Blake Bashoff (not my Blake) is leaving Spring Awakening on Saturday to do the tour. I absolutely adored Blake's Moritz both times I've seen the show. His acting and voice are spectacular, and his facial expressions really make the show what it is, and I will miss him. I hope he enjoys touring with the show. Also, Blake has always been such a sweetheart at the stage door, especially when he didn't laugh at me for trying to take a picture of him and Jamie with the lens cap closed. So Blake, I know you probably think I'm an idiot, but thank you for not making me feel like one. It's appreciated.


Also, the trailer for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is up. First of all, I want to say that this is my absolute favorite book ever. I've read it probably 11 times in 6 months. I have high hopes for the movie, even though it looks entirely different. I love Michael Cera, I love Kat Dennings (they're both perfect for their characters), AND Jonathan B. Wright, from Spring Awakening, is in it. He's the blonde in the trailer who smashes his face. JBW was never my favorite cast member or anything, but I enjoyed his performance in the show and can't wait to see his film debut. Also, IS THAT THE BOWERY BALLROOM I SEE IN THIS????? Only my favorite concert venue ever. So anyway, the movie will be out October 3rd, and you better believe that on October 3rd, Kayleigh, Jamie, and I will be at the mall watching it. Seriously, check it out. This book changed my life. I've read it so many times that I feel like I'm friends with these people. Or would like to be. I've always related to Norah (and Nick too, to some extent) and Nick is basically the epitome of my perfect guy. Although he should probably be a little more into theater, and he needs to listen to Springsteen. But he's got everything else.

Here it is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MduLTMsUMg

1 comment:

Keena said...

You HAVE to get that shirt...it's hilarious and fitting!!!